Software

Hi, an interesting solution! However I would like to know if there was any reason for you not to use GiT from beginning on? There are numerous solutions already in Internet concerning exactly these issues.

Taggings:

I used to also use BibTex for referencing when I worked on Latex but now I find that Biblatex is a better option, its interface is easier and more flexible. Moreover, it has a better language localization than BibTex. I hope this helps you.

gitignore is very important in many aspects, we also put in some local config files which pointed to some needed data files for the application (linux vs windows have different path seperators for example) to avoid rewriting after every pull the gitignore can be very helpful as long as you remember to forcefully commit a real change

Taggings:

Technology:

Im still missing the part where you actually show that the web frontend is better than the standard pdf

Taggings:

Technology:

The only text editor that helped with this issue was NotePad++. This one actually does not save the unwanted .txt ending.

Taggings:

Window.event does not exist in Firefox. Different browsers have different event models. Firefox handles the events slightly different IE and Chrome and for that reason it has not worked. A work-around is to pass the event as an argument to the function:
<a onclick="testfunction(event);">
 //...
</a>

testfunction(e){
 evt = e || window.event;
 //...
}

or use a library like jQuery to avoid dealing with all the differences between the browsers.

First the excel file was converted to a CSV file using LibreOffice Calc.

Then using the web generator https://codebeautify.org/csv-to-sql-converter and entering some database specific details (tablename, columnname identifier, columnname targetvalue) and choosing "CSV to SQL(INSERT)" an SQL script was generated that inserts into each row with the identifier the corresponding value from the CSV file.

The output was saved as an .sql file.
A a database backup created.
Afterwards the sql-file was uploaded into phpMyAdmin as an import script and executed perfectly.

ProgrammingLanguage:

First of all check for a corrupt .htaccess file on your FTP server. Rename the existing one and try to visit your site. If nothing changed the .htaccess is not the reason for the error. In my case the solution was to rename the folder "plugins" in the folder wp-content. Then try to access the website again if you see the text of your website of course without any graphical elements the reason for the error is a corrupted plugin. Now create a new folder "plugins" in the folder wp-content and move one plugin from the old plugins folder to the new created folder. After every movement try to reload the website if it is possible to see the content it wasn't the corrupted plugin. In my case an internal plugin of wordpress "wp_smtp_mail" was the reason for the error. Hope my solution helps! Good luck!

*** Solution for Safari ***

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Passwords tab.

Select the finance website then click Remove.

Now open Keychain Access located in HD > Applications > Utilities

Select Passwords on the left.

Type in the name of the website in the search field top right corner of that window. If there's a keychain available, right or control click the keychain then click Delete.

Usually using incognito mode in your browser is the best way to deal with this issue or to hide the adds with the adblocker and other similar plugins.

Pages

Subscribe to Software